Take your ambitions to the next level.
What We Do
- Strategy, Mission, and Vision Consulting
- Analysis, Evaluation, and Impact Studies
- Leadership coaching
- Board and Staff Retreat Facilitation
- Board Training and Development
- Fundraising and Development Strategic Planning
How We Work
We work in partnership with our clients to help them leverage their existing resources, empowering them to take their organization to the next level. We do that by establishing a culture of cooperation, integrity, trust, transparency, and joy.
By doing so, we help clients:
- Gain clarity about what they are doing and where they are going
- Create internal alignment
- Strengthen the impact of their work
- Achieve their highest aspirations
Who We Are
Our founder, Yona Backer has worked extensively in philanthropy, co-leading The Andy Warhol for the Visual Arts grant program for nearly a decade, among others. She founded Third Streaming, an experimental performance and exhibition space in downtown New York, and served as a curator and director of nonprofit spaces before launching her consulting practice. Yona has an extensive international network and brings a global as well as community-based perspective to her clients’ projects. She has experience with all aspects of governance and management as well as grantmaking and program strategies.
Yona has a Masters in Art History and Archaeology from Columbia University and completed the Aspen Institute Artist-Endowed Foundation Seminar. She is a member of Art Table and Tilting Axis serves on the boards of apexart and Slought Foundation. Her writing has been published in magazines and art publications.